|Form Factor||M.2 2280|
|Interface Type||PCIe 4.0 x4|
|MTBF||1.5 Million Hours Reliability|
|Internal or External||Internal SSD|
|Sequential R/W||Sequential Read Speed: Up to 6,900 MB/s; Sequential Write Speed: Up to 5,000 MB/s; RANDOM READ (4KB, QD32): Up to 800,000 IOPS;|
|Warranty||3- Years Warranty|
|Flash Type||Samsung Elpis|
The 980 PRO is for those who want to improve PC performance, to enhance gaming experiences, and to expand storage space. Built using their V-NAND 3-bit MLC flash technology and Elpis controller, the Samsung 980 PRO 500GB SSD from Samsung offers an M.2 2280 form factor and a PCIe 4.0 x4 / NVMe 1.3 interface to deliver sequential read speeds of up to 6900 MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 5000 MB/s. Users will also have access to encryption via TCG/Opal 2.0 and MS eDrive, while a TBW (Total Bytes Written) rating of 600TB helps ensure a long operational life.
- Sequential reads of up to 7000 MB/s and sequential writes of up to 5000 MB/s with a PCIe 4.0 interface which is 2x faster than PCIe 3.0 and 12x faster than Samsung SATA SSDs.
- Intelligent TurboWrite 2.0 maximizes PCIe 4.0 write performance with enlarged TurboWrite regions
- The Samsung 980 PRO provides an endurance rating of up to 600TB
- A nickel-coated controller and a heat spreader label help the 980 PRO effectively dissipate the heat
- Samsung Dynamic Thermal Guard technology maintains the 980 PRO’s temperature at an optimal level
- Power efficiency (performance/watt) is improved by up to 65% vs. the 970 EVO Plus
- The 980 PRO comes in a compact M.2 2280 form factor and is backward compatible with PCIe 3.0
There are no reviews yet.